This afternoon Governor Asa Hutchinson held a press conference and announced that off-site instruction will continue in all Arkansas schools for the remainder of the school year. That means that Flippin Public Schools will continue in the off-site format we are currently using until our scheduled last day of school - May 22.
· AMI packets are available on our website, in front of the cafeteria in newspaper kiosks, or they can be mailed upon request.
· Pre-K – Fourth grade AMI packets have all of the materials needed to last through the end of the year.
· Grades 5 – 12 currently have enough materials to last through April 17. We will contact students as well as post information on social media and on our website for work for April 20 through the end of the year.
School is not in session on Friday, April 10. Students are not required to work on AMI assignments on this date. Teachers will not work on Friday, the 10th.
We will continue serving hot meals on campus and our backpack program will continue for the remaining weeks of the school year, unless guidelines from the State change.
If you are in grades 5-12 and you need a Chromebook please contact your building principal on the office phone number and arrange to pick one up.
We are committed to a graduation ceremony, even if it has to be held later than originally scheduled or if it looks different than it has in the past. We will be contacting seniors and their families to discuss options.
As we get closer to May, we will have more information regarding:
· Turning in finished work
· Returning Chromebooks
· Spring Pictures and other items that need to get to families/students
· Other end of the year procedures
This is not how anyone envisioned the last nine weeks of the 2020 school year. We will continue to do our part to limit in-person interaction in the hopes that we can resume some sort of normalcy sooner than later. Should we be able to help you with any of this please give us a call and we will try to come up with a plan that helps. Continue to communicate with your teachers and let’s work through this together! #BobcatsCARE